- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery hearts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups toasted bread cubes or croutons
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine dried cranberries and hot water; soak 30 minutes to plump.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook about 8 minutes. Add garlic, sage, salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients and mix gently with a spatula or spoon. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavity of a prepared turkey and roast. Or place stuffing in a shallow baking dish and bake 30 minutes at 350F. Makes 6 cups.
—Recipe by Relish Cooking Show Chef Brian Morris