- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Orange zest (optional)
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Combine 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Sprinkle over oiled pan, tapping out excess.
- Beat butter with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar. Continue beating until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift 3 cups flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, orange juice and lemon juice. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat at low speed. Stir in the first amounts orange and lemon rinds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until top is golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To prepare icing, combine butter and powdered sugar using a mixer at medium speed. Add second amounts of orange and lemon rinds, and juices, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat well.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Turn onto a serving plate. Pour one-third of icing over cake while still warm. Cool completely and spread with remaining icing. Garnish with orange zest, if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: