- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Pecan or walnut halves (optional)
Courtesy of the Inn at Crystal Lake, Eaton, N.H.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugars and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture and beat well. Mix in nuts. Chill.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Press a pecan or walnut half into the center of each cookie if desired. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: