- Butter to coat baking dish
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or very strong brewed coffee
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
Recipe by Tracy Ceurvels.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Thoroughly butter a 2-quart soufflé dish or 6 (8-ounce) ramekins and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Combine espresso and chocolate in a glass bowl. Microwave about 1 minute; stir until chocolate melts.
- Whisk egg yolks into chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl with a mixer until frothy. Gradually add remaining 1/;4 cup sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Stir about 1 cup egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold remaining egg white mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared dish. Place on a baking sheet and bake 30 to 40 minutes (soufflé dish) or 20 to 25 minutes (ramekins), until soufflé rises. Serve immediately.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: