- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 -- egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combing butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and espresso powder, mixing until well combined. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt, mixing on low speed until dry ingredients are just incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds, until evenly distributed.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake about 8 minutes, until cookies look set in center. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Amy Sgarro.