- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted and very finely ground
- 18 to 20 caramel candies, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate morsels (at least 60% cocoa)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons large crystal sea salt or fleur de sel, as needed
Courtesy of the American Dairy Farmers.
- Combine flour and salt in bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat to blend. Add flour mixture in batches, mixing between each. Stir in ground pecans. Cover and chill dough until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls with floured hands. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Combine caramel candies and milk in a saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels melt. Drizzle over cookies with a spoon.
- Place chocolate in plastic bag in a bowl; heat on medium at 30-second intervals in microwave. Massage between intervals until chocolate melts. Cut a small hole in bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate across each cookie. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit until chocolate is firm.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: