- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons, powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 5 tablespoons 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- To make cake, combine sugars, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; whisk vigorously until smooth. Stir in boiling water. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- To make frosting, mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with a mixer; beat well. Add peanut butter. Add 2 tablespoons milk slowly, beating until very creamy. Add up to 3 additional tablespoons milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency. When cake has cooled, frost top.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: