- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon pure ancho chile powder
- 1 (4-pound) beef brisket, trimmed of surface fat
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Mix beer, cornmeal, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, chipotle and garlic in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Rub chile powder into brisket; place in slow cooker and turn to coat. Cover and cook on high 6 hours.
- Add potatoes; cook 3 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove meat and potatoes; skim fat from sauce. Slice meat and return with potatoes to the sauce; cover and keep warm up to 2 hours.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: