- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 ounces Romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 6 green onions, sliced ¼-inch-thick
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into thin slices
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and sauté about 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander and let cool.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, water and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stack Romaine lettuce leaves. Roll up into a long cylinder (like a cigar). Slice across the roll to form thin strips.
- Toss noodles with chicken and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions and lettuce; toss to combine well.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Chinese Chicken and Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce on Relish.com