- Cooking spray
- 2 cups prepared salsa, divided
- 8 to 10 (6-inch) stale corn tortillas, torn in quarters
- 1 (8-ounce) package Neufchatel cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces extra-firm, water-packed tofu, crumbled
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups lightly steamed fresh vegetables (zucchini sliced in ¼-inch rounds; string beans sliced in ½-inch lengths; chopped, cooked Swiss chard)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 (10-ounce) can green chile sauce
- 4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar or MontereyJack cheese
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 15-by-10-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about 3⁄4 cup salsa over the bottom of dish. Scatter one-third of the tortillas on top.
- Place 1/2 cup salsa, Neufchatel, eggs and cornstarch in food processor. Process until smooth. Stir in crumbled tofu.
- Spoon half the Neufchatel mixture over tortillas. Scatter vegetables and corn on top. Drizzle with remaining 3/4 cup salsa, and top with half the remaining tortillas. Cover with remaining Neufchatel mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Spoon green chile sauce over top.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Remove cover; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Increase heat to 375F; bake 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: