- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto, paper-thin
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 lemons, cut into halves
—Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet. Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper. Top each with sage and cover with prosciutto. Press prosciutto so it will stick it to the chicken.
- Whisk cheese and flour together in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Beat eggs in a small shallow dish, such as a pie plate.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof or cast-iron skillet until hot. Add thyme and garlic.
- Dredge chicken cutlets in cheese mixture to completely coat. Dip into beaten eggs. Dredge again in cheese mixture. Place in hot pan. Sauté until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place pan in oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon halves.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: