- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish.com, May 2011.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine sour cream, lime zest, 2 teaspoons juice and salt in a small bowl. Combine corn, edamame and green onions in a second bowl; stir in about half the sour cream mixture, the remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice, cumin and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle one quarter of the cheese over one half of each tortilla. Top cheese with one quarter of the chicken, then the corn mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, and fold unfilled halves of tortillas over filled halves (making half moons).
- Brush a large, heavy baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Arrange tortillas on sheet, and brush tops with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Bake 12 minutes, or until quesadillas are lightly golden. Flip quesadillas, transfer to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before slicing each into 3 wedges. Serve with reserved cream.Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, peppers and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, paprika and cayenne; sauté until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken and pull meat in large pieces. Add chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thoroughly warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk flour into sour cream in a small dish. Slowly add to sauce and simmer 3 minutes more (do not boil). Stir in dill, lemon juice and sugar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: