- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces chopped ham (optional)
- 2/3 cup golden and dark jumbo raisins
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- Fresh thyme springs
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
—Recipe by Jill Melton
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute until browned on both sides. Add ham (if using), raisins, tomato and thyme to pan. Pour chicken broth into pan. Place in oven, and cook, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes, until chicken is done. Serve chicken with pan juices and raisins.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: