- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup canned lower sodium chicken broth
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
—Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a medium-size slow cooker.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, peanut butter, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, red pepper and broth. Spoon over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with peanuts and cilantro.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: