- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups hot cooked orzo (1½ cups uncooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, carrot, ham and garlic to pan; sauté until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in broth and wine, if using, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Add peas. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add whipping cream to pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, 8 minutes.
- Spoon ¾ cup cooked orzo onto each of 4 plates. Top each with a chicken breast half, 1/3 cup sauce and 1 tablespoon parsley.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: