- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 8 to 10 dried figs, stems removed, halved
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Add chicken and sauté 2 to 4 minutes per side. As each piece is browned, transfer to slow-cooker.
- Scatter spices and garlic over chicken. Tuck onion, sweet potato and figs among the chicken pieces.
- Heat chicken broth in skillet, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken and vegetables; add orange juice, zest and honey.
- Cover and cook 6 to 7 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high. Serve with Cilantro Salsa.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: