- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups 1 percent low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Beat until well combined (but not foamy.) Stir in rice and cherries. Pour mixture into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Place dish in a 2-quart square baking dish or pan on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around the casserole dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm or room temperature. Garnish with almonds.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: