- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 ounces (½ cup) Fontina cheese (or white Cheddar,) shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 24 mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove stems from caps, reserve caps. Dice stems.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté 10 minutes until liquid evaporates. In a bowl, combine mushroom mixture, tomatoes, barley, oregano, and cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps.
- Place mushroom caps on baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes or until tender. Makes 24.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: