- 3 cups uncooked oats (old-fashioned, not quick)
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried fruit
Recipe courtesy of Camp Beckwith, Fairhope, Ala.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, sesame seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in maple syrup. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour sugar mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine. Spread evenly on a greased baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring 3 times during baking. Cool. Stir in dried fruit.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: