- 3 1/2 pounds butternut squash (4 cups squash pulp)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 3 1/2 cups lower-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Place squash cut sides down in a roasting pan. Add water to depth of 1-inch. Bake 30 minutes or until tender. Scrape pulp from squash to measure 4 cups.
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven. Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Place tomatoes with juice in a food processor. Add maple syrup or honey; process until blended. Add butternut squash; process until smooth. Add squash mixture, chicken broth and salt to Dutch oven; stir well and heat through. Garnish with chopped tomato.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: