- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup mild hot sauce (such as Durkee Red Hot)
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground buffalo or beef chuck, 85 percent lean
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 hamburger buns, split
Recipe by David Joachim.
- Before You Go: Melt butter in a small microwaveable bowl or stovetop. Whisk in hot sauce.
- Mix blue cheese and garlic in small bowl.
- Using your hands, gently mix buffalo or beef, celery seed, onion and ¼ cup hot sauce mixture in a medium bowl until blended. Using a light touch, form into 12 patties about 4 ½ inches in diameter and no more than ½ inch thick. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of cheese-garlic mixture in center of 6 patties. Top with remaining patties and press together, sealing edges. Refrigerate burgers until ready to grill.
- When You Get There: Heat grill to medium. Brush and oil grill grate. Grill burgers, covered, 7 to 9 minutes, turning after about 4 minutes, for medium-done (150F, slightly pink). Add 1 minute per side for well-done (160F). Brush with remaining hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes of cooking. Toast buns if you like.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: