- 8 peaches, pitted, halved, but not peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup no-sugar-added peach or peach-apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peach liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as turbinado
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Toss peach halves with softened butter, and butter a shallow baking dish, or 2 smaller dishes, large enough to accommodate the peaches without squeezing them in (a little air space around them is desirable). Place peaches, hollow side up, in the dish(es). Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients and bring to a hard boil. Let cook 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly reduced and syrupy. (If you're omitting the brandy and peach liqueur, make up the difference with extra juice). Remove peaches from oven, and raise oven temperature to broil. Strain peppercorns from glaze. Pour glaze over peaches and sprinkle a little turbinado over each peach half.
- Broil peaches for 3 to 5 minutes, watching closely, until sugar melts and caramelizes. Serve a bit of the glaze over each peach half; if accompanying with ice cream, drizzle glaze over the ice cream.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Broiled Peach Halves with Vanilla and Black Peppercorns on Relish.com