- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut into rounds
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 caper berries or 1 tablespoon regular capers
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 12 tsakistes or best-quality green olives, pitted
- 8 anchovies
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh parsley, dill, mint and chives
- Juice of 1 lemon
Recipe by Chef Michael Psilakis.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic on a baking sheet. Brush onions with olive oil. Roast until peppers are charred and onions are tender, about 20 minutes.Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool. Peel and slice peppers.
- Preheat broiler.
- Crumble feta into casserole dish or baking sheet. Broil about 2 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add peppers, onions and garlic. Toss well.
- Remove cheese from broiler. Spoon onto serving plates. Top with pepper mixture. Serve with pita bread or pita chips.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: