- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup creme de cacao
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, optional, for garnish
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- To prepare crust, preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a 9-inch pie plate. Press evenly on bottom and sides of pan. Bake 8 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, in a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar until thick.
- Pour water in a heavy saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over top. Add yolk mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, 10 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thickened and coats a spoon. Do not boil. Remove from heat, stir in creme de cocoa and brandy and pour into a very large bowl. Let cool 10 minutes, whisking occasionally, until mixture starts to mound slightly.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into custard and turn into crust. Refrigerate 6 hours to overnight. If desired, decorate pie with chocolate curls.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: