- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton
For a complete menu featuring Braised Chicken and Vegetables, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and brown on both sides, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Add potato, onion and carrots; cook 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan (with any juices). Add garlic, wine, broth, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Add chopped tomato and serve. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: