- 3 pints blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon rind; toss gently. Add lemon juice if berries are not tart enough. Spoon fruit mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly in the center, about 45 minutes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: