- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Place butter in a large 4-quart baking dish. Place in oven and set temperature to 350F.
- Combine fruit and 2 tablespoons sugar in a saucepan. Cook until juices start to release, about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- When butter in melted (but not brown), remove pan from oven. Pour batter over butter. Do not stir. Spoon hot fruit and juices over top. Do not stir. Place in oven and bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top during the last 5 minutes of baking. Best served immediately with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: