- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (4-ounce) steaks of beef tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons minced shallot
- 8 small mushrooms, quartered
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon thyme
Recipe by Terry Conlan
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in heavy skillet. Cook steaks over medium-high heat to desired doneness. Remove steaks and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and shallots and cook, scraping to loosen crusted meat particles. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk stock mixture and thyme into skillet. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add accumulated juices from standing steaks.
- Serve steaks on warm plates with sauce and roasted potatoes or pomme frites.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: