- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound beef flank or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups medium-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups spinach leaves, trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and sorted
- 8 fresh shitake mushrooms, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 to 3 green onions, cut at an angle into 1-inch pieces
- Red pepper sauce, such as Sriracha, or chile paste
Recipe by Christina Eng.
- To prepare the marinade, combine all ingredients (except vegetable oil and beef) in a large bowl. Place beef in marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Rinse rice. Cook according to package instructions. Keep warm.
- Remove meat from marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and saute 4 to 5 minutes or until done. Keep warm.
- To prepare the vegetables, combine sugar, salt and ground black pepper in a large bowl. Add carrots, spinach leaves, zucchini, bean sprouts and mushrooms, and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute vegetable mixture 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and fry sunny-side up.
- Divide cooked rice among 4 large deep bowls. Arrange vegetables on top. Add strips of beef and cover with fried egg. Garnish with green onion, if desired. Serve with red pepper sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: