- 2 (12-ounce) bottles beer, preferably lager
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crab-boil seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (preferably tail-on; thawed if frozen)
- 3/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine, sherry or vermouth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
Recipe by David Joachim.
- Mix all ingredients for shrimp (except shrimp) in large, deep skillet. Bring to simmer over high heat. Add shrimp, return to simmer, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp curl and turn pink. Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 6 hours. Drain shrimp, discarding other solids. Chill until serving.
- Mix all ingredients for cocktail sauce in a small serving bowl. Chill until serving.
- Serve shrimp cold with sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: