- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup finely chopped black walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
- To prepare cake, combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter and sugar; beat with an electric mixer about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana and vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until just combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Let cool completely.
- To prepare glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add a bit more milk to thin glaze, if needed. Spread over cake. Serves 12.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: