- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small unpeeled eggplant (1 pound), diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tube (16 ounces) refrigerated plain polenta (or any flavor)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet. Cook onion and bell pepper in skillet 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in eggplant, zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with spoon; reduce heat to low. Add salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray rectangular baking dish, 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inches, with vegetable cooking spray. Cut polenta into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices on bottom of dish, overlapping and cutting to fit where necessary. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: