- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, divided
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 medium leeks (white and light-green parts only), cut into halves lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) skinless halibut (or cod) fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
for the iPad on iTunes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon butter. Add spinach in two batches, and cook, tossing, until just wilted, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer to a colander, let cool, then squeeze to release excess liquid.
- Pour off any liquid in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and leeks. Cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add wine, increase heat to medium high, and cook until wine is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add cream and simmer until just slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in Parmesan, and gently fold in spinach. Keep warm.
- Arrange halibut on a parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake 10 minutes, or until just cooked through. Divide spinach mixture among serving plates and top with halibut.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: