- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups diced peeled apple
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan; line bottom with waxed or parchment paper and grease paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger at medium speed until evenly blended. Turn to low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until evenly blended. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Spread evenly in pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan, peel off paper or parchment and finish cooling, right side up, on rack.
- Whisk powdered sugar and water or milk in a small bowl until of drizzling consistency. You may need few more drops of liquid. Drizzle over top of cake.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: