- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 2 unbaked piecrusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon, granulated sugar divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Recipe courtesy of LaVerne Bowles Holder, Mocksville, N.C
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place apples in one pie shell.
- Mix egg, butter, sugars, flour, cinnamon and salt. Pour over apples. Top with remaining piecrust, trim edges evenly and fold under. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cut slits in top.
- Place pie in a brown paper bag; fold over edges to seal. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until brown.
- Carefully poke a few hopes in bag so that steam can escape.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: