- Cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large tart apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Cream 5 tablespoons butter and 1 cup sugar. Add egg and beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, apples and walnuts. Batter will be stiff. Spoon into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake about 35 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and evaporated milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over hot cake. Serve warm.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: