- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 -- (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups jarred tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and celery; cook, mixing occasionally with a large spoon to break up meat, until beef is browned and onion is softened. Add tomatoes, pasta sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce and toss to combine.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.