- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ice water, divided
- 6 cups peeled and sliced ripe peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Grated rind of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Cinnamon-sugar or turbinado sugar, optional
Recipe by Damon Lee Fowler.
- To prepare pastry, combine flour and salt in bowl of a food processor fitted with a chilled steel blade. Pulse to combine; add butter. Pulse until texture resembles coarse meal. (Or cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or your fingers.) Add water, processing until just combined. Press mixture gently into 4-inch circle on plastic wrap; cover. Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To prepare fruit, combine peaches, sugar and flour; toss well. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, Amaretto, nutmeg, salt and butter; toss well.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll out half the pastry dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Line a 2-quart casserole (2 1/2-inches deep) with pastry, trimming to fit. Spoon fruit into casserole.
- Roll out remaining pastry to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Place over fruit. Moisten edges of the top and sides with a little water, press them together and crimp decoratively. Cut several slits in top crust. Brush crust with egg white and sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar, if using.
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbly.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: